The projects and technologies we work with are changing the way business collaborates, communicates and makes decisions. This is a great opportunity to be part of the future model for business success. We offer a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make a direct contribution to the success and rapid growth of the business.
Be responsible for providing industry leading application support, managing, logging and tracking defects from open to close.
Oversee proactive operational monitoring where necessary application administrative services.
Solve complex technical issues with Google and Appsbroker technology, brainstorming with the Appsbroker Platform Engineering Team, Google Support and working closely with customer technical and business teams.
Identify, test and release in a controlled manner (with auditable testing, sign off and back out plans), configuration bug fixes and software updates.
Become an expert on Google For Work and Google Cloud Platform as well as Appsbroker bespoke applications. Propagate knowledge to the rest of the product support team by providing guidance and sharing best practices through knowledge based articles.
- BS in Computer Science or related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience
- 2 + year of experience in application Support & Operations in a 2nd or 3rd line role preferably in an ITIL environment
- Bespoke software application troubleshooting, or bug fixing skills by debugging code, check logs and traces
- Exposure to environmental change control processes and configuration/release management
- Ability to speak directly to customers (either technical or business teams), evidenced with demonstrable experience and excellent English, written and verbal
- Ability to build strong relationships and work effectively cross-functionally within Appsbroker with both Platform Engineering teams and the wider technical team
- Support or operations of cloud computing platforms, ideally Google App Engine
- Setting up monitoring tools and alerting thresholds for live applications
- Google for Work domain administration
- Database configuration ideally with NoSQL databases
- Configuring and managing operational monitoring capabilities, ideally with cloud based technologies
- Coding / scripting skills in one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, PHP, Perl or C++.
- Understanding of basic networking SSL/Encryption/Security and email routing protocols
- Software release or configuration management experience
What Our Romanian Office Offers You
- Professional development and skill training in the latest technologies
- Working for major international brands and within a close but international team
- A fun flexible working atmosphere in a modern office
- Motivating salary
- Intensive and continuous training with Google certifications.
- Opportunity to visit the UK office for training and project work
- In work benefits that come into effect after you probation
Line Manager: Service Manager
Location: Iasi, Romania
Job Type: Permanent Full Time