You will be in a team delivering software solutions as part of a fast-paced constantly changing environment. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of software development, using cutting edge technology to create commercial web and mobile applications.
We work using agile methods so a good aptitude for collaboration and effective communication is vital. You will start by supporting developers in the team but will quickly own development tasks building up in size and complexity as your skills and experience grow.
We’re committed to continuous improvement, so you’ll need an inquisitive, methodical and analytical mind - looking for better ways of working and improvements to the applications.
- Actively support software projects including planning & reviews
- Help develop and test small software applications.
- Ensure standards and best practice are understood and followed
- Produce and run appropriate tests
- Work closely with different parts of the business and other developers to facilitate the delivery of software projects
- Develop a thorough understanding of the key technologies which underpin Cloud computing and the Google Cloud Platform
- 3 A-Levels with one Maths, Computing or Science at grade C or above (or equivalent) and GCSE in English and Maths
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong team working skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strong networking and relationship-building skills
- The ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Have lived in the EU for 3 years or more and have the right to work in the UK
- NOT have a qualification already at degree level or higher in the same subject
- NOT already have studied a similar level apprenticeship
Location: Old Town, Swindon
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000
Closing Date:19/11/2017 - assessment day is planned for the 20th or 21st November - TBC
To apply please submit your CV - thank you.