Appsbroker Consulting Ltd collaborates with Google to ensure some of the biggest businesses in Britain harness the power of cloud technology. We also develop cutting edge business applications tailored to the unique requirements of our clients. We are a dynamic, fast growing and fun place to work, with a great team culture. The projects and technologies with which we work are changing the way business collaborates, communicates and makes business decisions. We offer a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make a direct contribution to the success and rapid growth of the business.
Line Manager Testing Team Leader
The successful candidate will be passionate about building and delivering a professional testing capability, self motivated and proactive in keeping abreast of the latest technologies and tools and have experience in building automated testing frameworks and developing automated tests.
To work closely with business analysts, developers and other testers in an agile Scrum environment to ensure business functionality is tested in accordance with testing capability. To support the business requirements for the provision of system testing services. To support business related test activity in terms of communications to and from the business test representatives and ensuring the Test Lead that key test issues are managed or escalated as necessary.
- Create and maintain automated end to end business tests using Selenium, Web Driver, Jmeter, Cucumber and Serenity using JavaExecute and support the automated testing strategy
- Quality assurance of non‐functional areas
- Follow appropriate methods, procedures and techniques to successfully complete assigned tasks within committed time frames and standards
- Provide testing technical support and coaching for junior members of the testing team
- Work within an agile scrum testing environment and champion agile testing
- Support the team lead in task estimation, planning and test analysis
- Work in a collaborative manner with Business Analysts, Developers and Support Engineers to deliver high quality testing outputs for projects and products in an agile delivery environment
- Development and continual refining of functional and nonfunctional testing, both manual and automated
- Reviewing acceptance criteria (i.e. behaviours) for accuracy, clarity and completeness
- Performing manual tests, recording the results and raising defects
- Creating manual test scripts and performing test execution
Experience & Competencies
- Intermediate experience in software testing as a Test Analyst
- Primary experience required is for automated testing using Serenity, Selenium, Web Driver, Cucumber and Jmeter
- Experience in development automated tests ( BDD style) using java
- Automated testing and use of automated test tools
- Ability to create quality test scripts, acceptance tests and to execute these tests and report issues
- Experienced in working with and managing continuous integration testing solutions ( Jenkins )
- A good understanding of the principles of functional and nonfunctional testing, and a track‐record of testing
- Hands on testing experience within a whole range of functional testing including UAT, acceptance and system testing, regression testing, both manual and automated testing
- Managing, logging and tracking defects from open to close
- High level analytical and problem solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to investigate complex issues and make informed decisions about them when written guidelines are not necessarily available
- Manual testing, recording the results and raising defects
- Worked in an agile testing environment and familiar with SCRUM and testing within a SCRUM team.
- Testing front end solutions and technologies for web sites and web applications.
- Test script development and execution within multiple contexts of the product
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and a passion for working in highly collaborative environments
- Must be able to work in a team but also have the drive and independence to work with little management
- Experience with systems interface and back end systems testing such as databases
Line Manager: Test Team Lead
Location: Old Town, Swindon, Wilts
Job Type: Permanent Full Time (No Contractors, Please)
Salary: £30,000 to £45,000 Dependent on Experience