The Appsbroker Technical Support team provides technical expertise across all Google products to support our deployments of Google services, bespoke Appsbroker Applications and SaaS solutions. The SaaS solutions we have developed are truly industry leading, in terms of their capability and exploitation of Google Cloud Platform. As a result this is a unique opportunity to define and deliver a world class operation to a number of UK household names. We collaborate closely with Google's and Appsbroker’s platform engineering teams to give technical solutions that enable our customers' businesses to grow.
The role will provide technical expertise across our bespoke Appsbroker solutions both during initial configuration or post implementation support.
The configuration element of the role includes: configuring, testing and releasing solutions to our customers via our rapidly evolving in-house workflow and portal applications. These applications are developed on Google App Engine and the related Google Cloud Platform products. You will gain exposure to Agile project methodology, creating solutions from user stories using JSON, HTML & SQL with tools such as Jira Kanban Boards.
You will deliver first class (predominately 3rd line) application support and operational services for the solutions we create. In this highly cross-functional role, you will be working closely with our platform development teams and Google to resolve incidents and improve the quality of our software portfolio. You will own incidents, requests and problem management to ensure we are constantly improving the customer experience. In contrast to many other support desks we concentrate on providing in-depth resolutions that go the extra mile for our customers rather than high volume ticket queues.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for delivering excellent customer service and be comfortable working within an organisation that is rapidly evolving, this provides plenty of opportunities for growth. Technical skills and experience are important but we are also looking for people who are dynamic, motivated, excellent communicators and willing to learn and grow with new technologies. We are passionate about what we do and get really excited about the way cloud-based technology has developed.
- Working from designs in Agile user stories, you will be responsible for the full lifecycle of delivery, test and release management of Appsbroker’s Google Cloud based workflow, reporting, and portal solutions.
- All deliverables must be aligned to the user story specification, you will have to ensure your deliverables are of high quality and error free.
- Implement minor change requests, following strict change control and sign off procedures, often liaising directly with the customer.
- Where applicable provide hands-on configuration assistance and mentoring to our customers who are configuring our solutions in house.
- Be responsible for providing industry leading application support, managing, logging and tracking defects from open to close.
- Oversee proactive monitoring where necessary application administrative services.
- Solve complex technical issues with Google and Appsbroker technology, brainstorming with the Appsbroker Platform Engineering Team, Google Support and working closely with customer technical and business teams.
- Identify, test and release in a controlled manner (with auditable testing, sign off and back out plans), configuration bug fixes and software updates.
- Become an expert on Google For Work and Google Cloud Platform as well as Appsbroker bespoke applications. Propagate knowledge to the rest of the product support team by providing guidance and sharing best practices through knowledge based articles.
Skills & Experience
- BSc in Computer Science or related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in application support operations, technology-related service management, and/or configuration
- Application Support & Operations in a 2nd or 3rd line role preferably in an ITIL environment
- Bespoke software application troubleshooting, or bug fixing skills by debugging code, check logs and traces
- Working knowledge of SQL and an enterprise DBMS (not MS Access!)
- Exposure to environmental change control processes and configuration/release management
- Testing of bespoke software, ideally within a structured project approach
- Ability to speak directly to customers (either technical or business teams), evidenced with demonstrable experience and excellent English, written and verbal
- Ability to build strong relationships and work effectively cross-functionally within Appsbroker with both Platform Engineering teams and the wider technical team
- Cloud computing platforms, ideally Google App Engine
- Setting up monitoring tools for live applications
- Google for Work domain administration
- Database configuration ideally with NoSQL databases
- Configuring and managing operational monitoring capabilities, ideally with cloud based technologies
- Coding / scripting skills in one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, PHP, Perl or C++.
- Experience in working in a source controlled environments
- Understanding of basic networking SSL/Encryption/Security and email routing protocols
- Software release or configuration management experience
What Our Romanian Office Offers You
- Professional development and skill training in the latest technologies
- Working for major international brands and within a close but international team
- A fun flexible working atmosphere in a modern office
- Motivating salary
- Intensive and continuous training with Google certifications.
- Opportunity to visit the UK office for training and project work
- In work benefits that come into effect after you probation
Line Manager: Technical Support Manager
Location: Iasi, Romania
Job Type: Permanent Full Time