The Appsbroker Technical Support team provides technical expertise across all Google products to support our deployments of Google services, bespoke Appsbroker Applications and SaaS solutions. The SaaS solutions we have developed are truly industry leading, in terms of their capability and exploitation of Google Cloud Platform. As a result this is a unique opportunity to define and deliver a world class operation to a number of UK household names. We collaborate closely with Google's and Appsbroker’s platform engineering teams to give technical solutions that enable our customers' businesses to grow.
Due to an increase in demand for our bespoke SaaS products and our portfolio of Google for Work customers we are looking for a person to play a vital role in delivering and coordinating service & support operations. You will provide in-depth Google For Work support for solutions developed on the Google App Engine. In this highly cross-functional role, you are the voice of our customer’s users and problem-solver to the engineering teams. You will process incidents, requests and other service information to ensure we are constantly improving the customer experience of our services. You will grow into an expert in Google For Work, operational aspects of Google Cloud Platform service and our in-house SaaS solutions.
In addition to running support activities you will play a key role in coordinating the complete life-cycle of our operational services, from service transition / on-boarding, proactively monitoring support request queues, you will also oversee SLA targets being achieved, coordinate long running technical issues and major incidents through to resolution for maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and building exceptional working relationships with our customer’s key stakeholders. There is plenty of scope to define, own and improve existing processes and increase our alignment to ITIL standards.
Whilst technical skills and demonstrable service delivery experience are important, we are looking for a person who is dynamic, highly motivated, with a willingness to learn and grow with new technologies. The successful candidate will be a team player, driven to deliver an incredible experience to our customers and will constantly strive to improve the efficiency of our operational processes.
- Coordinate key aspects of our service operations, problem management, major incidents and compliance to SLA’s & KPI’s including aspects of service reporting
- Manage both your own tickets and report on ticket queues across the whole team
- Become an expert in Google For Work and our Smarter Working SaaS solutions to solve customer technical issues or provide in-depth analysis and troubleshooting before raising with platform engineering teams or Google
- Coordinate escalations and long running issues, both internally with our internal platform engineering team and Google support
- Lead service improvement initiatives and knowledgebase management
- Contribute to the authoring of customer newsletters and communications
- Own and continually strive to improve our support processes
- Build a rapport with our customers’’ technical teams and our internal teams
- Provide the acumen to ensure that services for which you are delivering reflect our commercial agreements
- BSc in Computer Science or related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in support operations, technology-related service management/delivery role
- Experience in logging, tracking incidents and queues in an ITIL environment preferably in a team lead/coordination role
- Evidence of problem management, knowledge base coordination and working in a change controlled environment
- Experience (and qualifications) of ITIL aligned service management operations
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills with customers and end users for both technical and business audiences.
- Demonstrable experience with supporting enterprise technologies and proven ability to learn and support new software and services
- Service transition / on-boarding processes for software (either bespoke developments or highly customised COTS solutions)
- Google for Work domain administration
- Enterprise infrastructure support experience in networking, email, security or ideally with Google Apps
- Technical experience of configuring Web technologies such as HTTP, JSON, SQL
- Experience with web services (SOAP, WSDL, and Apache)
- Understanding of basic networking, DNS, TCP/IP SSL/Encryption/Security and email routing protocols
- Testing of bespoke software, ideally within a structured project approach
What Our Romanian Office Offers You
- Professional development and skill training in the latest technologies
- Working for major international brands and within a close but international team
- A fun flexible working atmosphere in a modern office
- Motivating salary
- Intensive and continuous training with Google certifications.
- Opportunity to visit the UK office for training and project work
- In work benefits that come into effect after you probation
Line Manager: Technical Support Manager
Location: Iasi, Romania
Job Type: Permanent Full Time