The projects and technologies we work with are changing the way business collaborates, communicates and makes decisions. This is a great opportunity to be part of the future model for business success. We offer a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make a direct contribution to the success and rapid growth of the business.
Person Specification & Role Summary
- You will be responsible for building relationships with key internal customers to ensure that their requirements are accurately captured and benefit understood. You will be interested in taking on Product Owner responsibility for a number of product components and will own the roadmap for these.
- We are looking for a Development Manager to be responsible for all aspects of the engineering delivery of our chosen projects.
- The position requires a strong personality who can get the best out of people, lead by example, happy saying “No”, can make decisions and understand the software development lifecycle
- The role requires a confident communicator who will build relationships with internal stakeholders and customers.
- You will be a true problem-solver with the desire to meet project deadlines and delight our customers.
- Be organised and methodical with tenacity & determination to ensure stakeholder expectations and deadlines are met
- Demonstrate a can do attitude, be willing to learn and listen to other people’s views, team visionary and focused
As a Development Manager Responsible for Projects your role will include, but not be limited to the following;
- You will be responsible and accountable for the delivery of Development projects
- You will line manage scrum teams, personnel including Backend, Frontend, DevOps and Scrum Masters.
- You will liaise with the management team to ensure that Appsflow product feature development is aligned to customer project delivery
- You will liaise with the Principal Architect to ensure that customer projects meet architectural standard and are well constructed on Google Cloud Platform and the Appsflow product
- You will have a strong technical background. You may have been a Senior developer, DevOps Manager, Development Manager or Programme Manager in a previous life.
- You will be able to handle change in a fast moving environment.
- You will be a strong Agile practitioner and have worked in or led teams previously following Scrum, Kanban, MVP etc. All engineering projects will follow either Scrum or Kanban.
- You will have used Jira and be very comfortable understanding Jira metrics, reports and all aspects of running a sprint
- You will report to the Head of Development - Product, helping control cost on assigned projects, ensure the quality of deliverables and meet or exceed the agreed delivery timescales of these projects
- Be a champion of Google cloud technology, and agile methodologies
- Answering day to day questions from the development team and clarifying requirements
- Checking delivered features against acceptance criteria and assisting in testing activity when required
Desired Qualifications & Experience
- Any certifications in Agile, Scrum would be of interest but by no means essential
- Cloud Computing and enterprise IT
- System and software delivery principles
- Experience of acting as Product Owner is desirable
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem solving and whole systems thinking
- Stakeholder management
- Logical and methodical in approach
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) & interpersonal skills - articulate and persuasive
- Proactive in approach to customer service
- Ability to work hard and deliver results to tight deadlines
- Collaborative approach to working within a fast paced organisation
- Commercially aware
What Our Romanian Office Offers You
- Professional development and skill training in the latest technologies
- Working for major international brands and within a close but international team
- A fun flexible working atmosphere in a modern office
- Motivating salary
- Intensive and continuous training with Google certifications.
- Opportunity to visit the UK office for training and project work
- In work benefits that come into effect after you probation
Line Manager: Country Manager - Romania
Location: Iasi, Romania
Job Type: Permanent Full Time