We are looking for 2 Java Team Leads to work with Projects & Product.
You will be responsible for managing a team of Java developers, delivering high quality, robust solutions as part of a fast-paced agile environment. You will ensure that you have the right skills and experience in the team, developing each individual to fulfil their aspirations and and the needs of the business.
Creating a ‘centre of excellence’, you will have responsibility for ensuring the quality of Java development - maintaining appropriate standards and controls to achieve this. You will work with Business Analysts, Technical Architects, Scrum Masters and others across the business to scope and design new solutions, through the use of proof of concepts and story refinement.
With an ever changing landscape you will research new technologies and techniques looking for ways to improve our solutions and the effectiveness of the team.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Line management of Java developers including 1:1s and appraisals
- Create and maintain appropriate standards and best practice
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement within the team
- Work closely with the product owner and stakeholders to achieve acceptance of user stories
- Act as the technical lead for Java development, ensuring designs are robust and supportable
- Define and communicate complex design concepts to technical and non-technical people
- Maintaining a good understanding of all aspect of your own projects and those of the other developers
- Mentor team members to improve their skills and experience
Skills & Experience
We use advanced Google technologies, so we’re looking for someone with a thirst to learn and the ability to master new technology. Whilst you’ll be given the relevant training, the following are core skills:
- Deep Java development experience (JEE) and Java Servlets
- Design and development of RESTful services
- Experience of DI frameworks, such as Spring
- Databases, both relational and nonrelational
- Ability to create solution designs using UML, especially sequence, class and activity diagrams
- Demonstrable experience of accurate estimation and the ability to deliver on time and to quality
- Use of source code and continuous integration tools, i.e. Git, Maven, Jenkins
- Proactively communicate with others
- Ability to self-manage, self learn and seek out answers
- Excellent unit, integration and regression testing skills.
- Good documentation skills
Any of the following would be advantageous:
- Google Cloud Platform
- Google App Engine
- Google Cloud Datastore - noSQL experience
- Google Cloud Storage
- Google BigQuery
- Google Cloud Dataflow
- Google APIs (OAuth, Maps, Cloud Endpoints, Google Apps etc)
- Google Guice
- JUnit, Cucumber
- Hadoop, Redshift etc.
- Linux experience (RedHat, Centos or Fedora)
- Experience of Jira
- Previous team leading experience
Line Manager: Head of Development
Location: Old Town, Swindon
Job Type: Permanent Full Time (No Contractors, Please)
Salary: £55,000 to £65,000 Dependent on Experience
To apply please submit your CV - thank you.