The Scrum Master will be required to work closely with Business Analysts, Developers, Testers, Product Owners and customers in an agile environment to ensure business value is delivered to a high degree of quality. You will need to be innovative and passionate about using agile Scrum, Kanban and delivering a professional development environment. You will need to be self motivated and proactive around keeping abreast of the latest agile techniques, technologies and tools and proactively assessing how these can be integrated into delivery at Appsbroker. You will need a can do attitude and at time be able to think out of the box and take a more pragmatic view to facilitating agile Scrum to meet customer demands.
Responsibilities, Required Skills & Experience
- Facilitating the Appsbroker Agile Scrum and Kanban methodologies across parallel projects helping to attain the highest standards of software delivery in terms of quality, cost and time.
- Facilitate the agile Scrum methodology across multiple Scrum teams.
- Provide agile Scrum/Kanban support and coaching for the Scrum Team(s).
- User story solicitation via customer workshops.
- Work closely with customers, internal and external Product Owners in facilitating agile Scrum.
- Work with the Development Manager, Project Managers and Test Managers to ensure the successful delivery of projects and creation of agile artifacts, such as release planning.
- Will be expected to optimise Scrum teams in their delivery velocity.
- Help build the agile maturity in the delivery team.
- Help coach and delivery training sessions on agile Scrum and Kanban
- Responsible for removing impediments.
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 2 - 3 years for a software development team applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Hold an appropriate qualification as a Scrum Master, such as Professional Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Master.
- Can demonstrate experience and knowledge of having used agile Scrum in a practical sense
- Can demonstrate and understand the theory of agile Scrum.
- Have a solid understanding of the agile Scrum ceremonies and their values.
- Have a solid understanding of the software delivery lifecycle and have experienced other delivery methodologies such as iterative, Kanban and XP.
- Experience and knowledge of continuous integration.
- Proficient in the usage of agile tools such as Jira.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and a passion for working in highly collaborative environments.
- Must have a positive can do attitude with a strong customer focus for excellence.
- Needs to be a leader.
- Must be able to adapt to change quickly and in a positive manner.
- Must be able to resolve conflicts providing workable options and solutions
- Must be able facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Must have technical background in software development and be able to communicate at a technical level.
- Experience and knowledge of Web Application development
- Experience and knowledge of Cloud Services and development using these services
- Knowledge and/or experience with successful Agile techniques: User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Experience in team leadership.
Line Manager: Head Of Customer Development
Location: Old Town, Swindon
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Salary: Dependent on experience
To apply please submit your CV - thank you.