To manage development of customer-facing projects and services or the internal products on which they are based, to deliver the product backlog within set timescales and budgets using agile methodologies.
The job will involve supporting a development team through the full iterative development lifecycle, from concept through backlog refinement, to solution design and phased delivery, as well as ongoing operational support.
You will be working with internal and external technology teams and will play a crucial part in establishing best practice, good team dynamics, high productivity and driving continuous improvement.
Another key aspect of your role will be to work proactively with members of the Engineering team and other groups within the organisation to define and implement agreed standards and strategies.
Responsibilities, Required Skills & Experience
Implement the product vision:
- Work with the project manager and business analyst to analyse the customer and business requirements and ensure that the product backlog is organised to reflect themes, epics and user stories;
- Establish the minimum viable product that achieves the stated goals and the high level priorities for development and ensure that this is matched by the release backlog;
- Lead estimation sessions during release and sprint planning using appropriate methods and use estimates to inform prioritisation and forecasting
- Make day to day decisions on development priorities to ensure solutions meet end user needs whilst maintaining technical integrity;
- Ensure that both functional and non-functional requirements are incorporated in JIRA;
- Work effectively across teams to co-ordinate common objectives (sprint/release goals) and ensure ongoing customer focus in online service delivery and support;
- Organise the backlog to reflect the priorities for each release and articulate these to the team during release planning;
- Ensure that the backlog is prioritised and suitably refined with acceptance criteria ahead of each iteration and take the lead during iteration planning;
- Review results from the QA process, including security and performance testing, and prioritise issues against the project backlog;
- Demonstrate progress and communicate issues during development to the project manager and stakeholders and escalate chronic problems affecting delivery through line and account managers, including:
- Facilitate BAU/customer issue resolution and resource management if required.
Act as a servant leader to the development team in order to ensure successful delivery by addressing obstacles and leading process improvement:
- Build an effective, dedicated, happy and stable cross-functional team and reinforce trusted relationships between all team members;
- Coach the team in adopting agile practices and encourage an agile mindset among team members, leading them to become self-organising
- Work with the project team to manage resourcing effectively and balance budget and timescales in order to turn roadmaps into reliably executable delivery plans;
- Serve the team in creating and estimating tasks and in negotiating scope and priorities against a trade off matrix throughout the project lifecycle;
- Contribute to the standards definition process to help strike a balance between quality and agility and lead the team in ensuring that the standards are understood and adopted;.
- Run daily scrums with the development team (whether in house, onshore or offshore) to track progress and ensure that blocks to development are raised and addressed;
- Protect the team from undue external interference and establish the root cause of any external interference and agree and introduce corrective actions;
- Monitor development team performance by establishing an acceptable and sustainable workload and ensuring that the team meets its definition of done;
Oversee the solution design, adoption of standards and provision of technical expertise:
- Ensure that technical specifications and architectural designs are created and reviewed by the architecture and development teams
- Ensure that solutions are identified in accordance with technology strategy and which seek to utilise existing or shared components, especially core product;
- Ensure that development takes place in accordance with technology standards and minimum technical specifications;
- Coaches and trains others across the organisation on agile practices;
- Set up and administer projects using standard tools, i.e. Jira;
- Share knowledge and learning within functional team and with shared interest groups;
- Demonstrate the company values.
- Experience of managing complex consumer-orientated digital projects or programmes;
- Strong record of delivery using iterative software development practices;
- Clear understanding of agile development tools and methodologies, especially Scrum;
- Adept at analysing and prioritising business and technical requirements;
- Confident in communicating appropriately and effectively with all stakeholders,
- Able to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience;
- Able to translate of business requirements into technical tasks;
- Capable of clear and consistent decision making and ability to prioritise;
- Knowledge of current technologies and their potential;
- History of building and motivating cross-functional and highly productive teams;
- Able to facilitate debates using attentiveness, reason, diplomacy and authority;
- Proven determination to understand and overcome obstacles and issues;
- Willingness to continually improve oneself and others and adopt new techniques;
- Experience in managing third-party suppliers across multiple sites;
Desirable experience and qualifications:
Line Manager: Development Manager
Location: lasi, Romania
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Salary: Dependent on experience
To apply please submit your CV - thank you.