You will be responsible for delivering high quality, robust solutions as part of a fast-paced agile environment. The successful Senior Front End Developer will be involved in all aspects of development, utilising industry standards and best practice at all stages.
We work using agile methods (scrum & kanban), so an excellent working knowledge of this is a must as is excellent communications skills as you will regularly interact with people from across the business.
Your previous experience will mean you are adept at finding solutions to complex problems taking ownership and providing a recommended approach to engineering management.
We’re committed to continuous improvement, so you will be expected to proactively suggest and implement enhancements, additionally mentoring junior team members to grow their skills and experience and act as a role model.
Responsibilities, Required Skills & Experience
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Active participation in agile planning, refinement, retrospectives
- Take ownership in developing and testing user stories
- Ensure standards and best practice are followed
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement within the team
- Work closely with the product owner and stakeholders to achieve acceptance of user stories
- Define and communicate complex design concepts to technical and non-technical people
- Be objective around solutions and looking to reduce technical debt.
- Should have a good understanding of all aspects of the project they are working on.
- Consider the non-functional requirements of a project, and strive to make software robust.
- Mentor junior team members to improve their skills and experience
- Expert knowledge of modern browser technologies:
- Previous experience working on complex single page applications integrating with RESTful web services
- Ability to debug and profile web applications using appropriate developer tools
- Demonstrable experience of accurate estimation and the ability to deliver on time and to quality
- Use of source code and continuous integration tools, i.e. Git, Jenkins
- Ability to create solution designs using UML, especially sequence, class and activity diagrams
- Proactively communicate with others
- Ability to self-manage, self learn and seek out answers
- Excellent unit, integration and regression testing skills.
- Good documentation skills
Any of the following would be advantageous
- Flux pattern - ngrx/store, Redux
- Build tools (Webpack, SystemJS, Rollup, Gulp, Grunt)
- CSS Processors (SASS, LESS, PostCSS)
- Mobile Development
- Offline web apps using service worker
- Working in containerised environments (Docker)
- Java or Python
- Linux experience (RedHat, Centos or Fedora)
- Experience of Jira
Line Manager: Front End Development Team Leader
Location: Old Town, Swindon
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Salary: Competitive salary dependent on experience
To apply please submit your CV - thank you.