You will be responsible for delivering high quality, robust solutions as part of a fast-paced agile environment. The successful Java Developer will be involved in all aspects of development, utilising industry standards and best practice at all stages.
We work using agile methods (scrum & kanban), so a good working knowledge of this is a must as is excellent communications skills as you will regularly interact with people from across the business.
We’re committed to continuous improvement, so you will be expected to proactively suggest and implement enhancements, additionally mentoring junior team members to grow their skills and experience and act as a role model.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Active participation in agile planning, refinement, retrospectives
- Take ownership in developing and testing user stories
- Ensure standards and best practice are followed
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement within the team
- Work closely with the product owner and stakeholders to achieve acceptance of user stories
- Define and communicate design concepts to technical and non-technical people
- Support junior team members to improve their skills and experience
Skills & Experience
We use advanced Google technologies, so we’re looking for someone with a thirst to learn and the ability to master new technology. Whilst you’ll be given the relevant training, the following are core skills:
- Extensive Java development experience (JEE) and Java Servlets
- Design and development of RESTful services
- Experience of DI frameworks, such as Spring
- Databases, both relational and nonrelational, e.g. Hadoop, Spark
- Ability to create solution designs using UML, especially sequence, class and activity diagrams
- Demonstrable experience of accurate estimation and the ability to deliver on time and to quality
- Ability to self-manage
- Good unit, integration and regression testing skills.
- Good documentation skills
Any of the following would be advantageous
- Google Cloud Platform
- Google App Engine
- Google Cloud Datastore - noSQL experience
- Google Cloud Storage
- Google BigQuery
- Google Cloud Dataflow
- Google APIs (OAuth, Maps, Cloud Endpoints, Google Apps etc)
- Google Guice
- Use of source code and continuous integration tools, i.e. Git, Maven, Jenkins
- Linux experience (RedHat, Centos or Fedora)
- Experience of Jira
- Knowledge of the FIX Protocol
- Knowledge/experience of working with Financial Market Data/Reference Data
Line Manager: Development Manager
Location: lasi, Romania
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Salary: Dependent on Experience
To apply please submit your CV - thank you.