The Test Team Lead will be required to direct and manage the testing team to provide a high quality assurance capability. You will be responsible for developing and implementing the testing strategy and so you will need to be self-motivated and proactive in keeping abreast of the latest testing tools and techniques. You will work closely with business analysts, developers and testers in an agile environment to ensure that business value is delivered to customers with a high degree of quality and in compliance with standards and to provide reports on this to senior stakeholders. You will need to be innovative and passionate about building and delivering a professional testing capability and advising, coaching and supporting team members. This role will require you to design and build automated test frameworks and be able to develop automated tests for Google Cloud Platform applications.
As a Test Team Lead you will be required to be responsible for the following:
- Strategically set out how teams should test software in a container first / microservices centric development environment with assistance from the Technical Design Authority.
- Strategically set out how Developers can assist with the implementation of the test strategy, treating tests like any other software development, and how the QA in the Sprint team can best add value in this configuration.
- Champion agile testing and take responsibility for developing and continually refining the approach to functional and non‐functional testing, both manual and automated.
- Coordinate with the gatekeeper for any offshore QA vendors and ensure that the testing approach is aligned across all QA resources used by the business.
- Lead and mentor QA team members and provide technical support and coaching for junior members of the testing team.
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally.
- Ensuring that QA metrics and KPIs are being collected for each project and that highlighted issues and deficiencies are being addressed.
- Preparing for and participating in weekly and monthly meetings with the testing team and upwards to Engineering managers.
- Identify the training requirements of the QA team members and develop a training programme to increase their skill set.
- Be approachable and available to the team and act as an escalation point and assist in resolving any issues faced by the testing team members with their daily tasks.
- Develop and execute test plans, test cases, automated test scripts for your own projects within the committed time frames.
- Manage the running of automated tests in Continuous Integration environments (Jenkins, Gitlab, build tool like Maven, Gradle) and across virtual machines.
- In depth (5 years) testing experience, either as a Senior Test Analyst or Test Team Leader (2 years minimum).
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of functional and non‐functional testing and a track‐record of innovation in testing.
- Experience in creating test frameworks and strategies, choosing automated testing tools and creating testing standards.
- Experience in testing front end solutions and technologies for web sites and web applications.
- Experience in testing systems interfaces and back end systems and databases.
- Experience in automated testing and automation testing tools including Selenium Web Driver, JMeter, Load Runner, Serenity, Cucumber.
- Hands‐on testing experience including UAT, acceptance and system integrations testing, both manual and automated testing and of Behaviour Driven Development.
- Familiarity with Scrum and working within an agile development team to create test cases, provide estimates against requirements and meet sprint outcomes so that tested software components can be demonstrated.
- Applied understanding of defect management, using a tool such as Jira, and triaging customer feedback against requirements
- High level analytical and problem solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to investigate complex issues and make informed decisions about them when written guidelines are not necessarily available
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and a passion for working in highly collaborative environments
- Experience and knowledge of Google App testing
- Experience and knowledge of Cloud testing
- Experience on security testing and following OWASP top 10
- Leads effective team briefings to achieve clear outcomes and articulates goals and strategies with clarity and confidence
- Able to lead/influence teams to achieve common goals and promote change
- Organises and prioritises work for self and others and monitors activities against targets
- Leads continuous review of policies and procedures to ensure they remain fit for purpose
- Demonstrates high level analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to investigate complex issues and make informed decisions
- Must be able to work in a team but also have the drive and independence to work with little supervision
Line Manager: Head of Development, Customer Projects
Location: Old Town, Swindon
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Salary: Dependent on Experience
To apply please submit your CV - thank you.