Are you looking for us?
Appsbroker is Google’s largest Premier Partner in Europe. We are delighted to hold MSP status and are Google’s Partner of the Year; Application Development. Our expertise in Data, Application development, Infrastructure and Managed Services helps us to solve big hairy problems for some of the world’s most exciting brands using Google Cloud Technology.
Our culture is fun and supportive with a determination to put the Appsbroker team and our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are in a very exciting period of growth and we need more high calibre, wonderful, professionals to help drive further expansion.
The Cloud Spend Analyst is responsible for the planning and analytics for Google Cloud spend, and to support the sales and delivery teams on cost optimisation when engaging with external clients.
You will be helping us and customers optimise using cloud instances effectively, eliminating unnecessary spending, and obtaining clear visibility on their usage and associated spend / costs. In this role, you will be responsible for proactively collaborating with the various teams to manage cloud resources, execute cost-cutting methods, and ensure cloud spending and usage constructively. Creating and coordinating the cloud data lifecycle from start to finish.
You will also work with Google and be responsible for understanding any changes to pricing policies or Google cloud services. As part of this engagement you will be responsible for the accuracy of our GCP consumption forecasting and contractual commitment to Google.
Acting as a trusted advisor in the customer’s success experience, while positioning Appsbroker as their strategic partner in their journey.
Are we looking for you?
You are passionate about delivering value to customers and prized for going the extra mile. You’re flexible and creative in your approach and prepared to make a difference. You’re professional – fair, honest and committed.
Skills that come naturally to you…
- Analytical, logical and methodical
- Collaborative and proactive
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and critical thinking
- Articulate, persuasive and able to build rapport
- Cloud cost optimization
- Creating analytical and financial models for data-driven decisions
- Business savvy regarding Appsboker and customer’s business objectives
- Tech savvy – Understanding of technical components of the role, incl. GCP, Workspace, CloudAssure, Billing App
- Proven ability of conducting rigorous analysis of complex issues
- Gravitas to engage effectively with senior management stakeholders
It would be great if you have (or are excited to gain)…
- Experience working for a cloud and/or managed service provider
- Experience converting customer needs into business cases and helping customers justify cloud spend financially
- Maths Degree (or similar)
- Financial analysis
- Cloud computing
- Finance and Cloud computing knowledge
The Role (80%)
Appsbroker is dynamic and the role is varied so you’ll get involved in a wide range of activities but here are the main customer facing things we’ll need you to do:
Working primarily an internal resource, supporting:
- Sales; by putting together billing management proposals for new customers and reviewing existing accounts
- Engineering; by estimating GCP spend on projects we’re trying to win
- Service Delivery Managers; by helping them prepare for monthly customer spend reviews by providing valuable insights based on consumption data
- Finance; by creating reports that help with invoice reconciliation, budgeting and burndown tracking
In addition to:
- Creating operational metrics to demonstrate consumption and utilisation and to identify areas for cost-cutting and improvement
- Monitoring Appsbroker’s progress against commitments to partners in relation to Cloud consumption
- Assessing the suitability of financial arrangements available to the customer
- Preparing consumption summary reports for internal and external use
- Act as the liaison with Google to obtain recommendations on how to reduce costs and use resources effectively in our, or our customers, GCP environments ·
- Have a good understanding of the different GCP services and their cost profiles
- Following FinOps best practices
- Account analysis and revenue forecasting
- Run periodical reviews with key customer stakeholders
- Track deliverables, ensure targets are met and delivered within agreed timescales
The Role (20%)
- Respond to questions from internal stakeholders, customers and partners
- Using dashboarding tools (e.g. Google DataStudio, Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Internal escalation management around cost optimisation
Appsbroker is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
As an applicant please review our privacy statement: https://www.appsbroker.com/privacy-policy