Are you looking for us?
Appsbroker is Google’s largest Premier Partner in Europe. We are delighted to hold MSP status and are Google’s Partner of the Year; Application Development. Our expertise in Data, Application development, Infrastructure and Managed Services helps us to solve problems for some of the world’s most exciting brands using Google Cloud Technology.
Our culture is fun and supportive with a determination to put the Appsbroker team and our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are in a very exciting period of growth and we need more high calibre wonderful professionals to help drive further expansion.
Are we looking for you?
You are passionate about delivering value to customers and prized for going the extra mile. You’re flexible and creative in your approach and prepared to make a difference. You’re professional – fair, honest and committed. You’re happy to travel/work from client sites and excited to get involved in the ‘next big thing’ whatever that might be
As a Principal Data Architect, you will be engaging with enterprise-level organisations to deliver highly scalable leading-edge big data architecture solutions.
As part of the role you will have the opportunity to stay on top of new and emerging technologies and techniques to continually optimise our data services. You will be leading client engagements and project delivery.
The role of data in technology and business has never been more meaningful. Many of Appsbroker’s solutions focus on the intelligent usage of data to significantly improve business outcomes for our clients, in deployments from fraud detection through to essential car part ordering processes. You will be responsible for designing the end-to-end data architecture behind these services.
Appsbroker delivers its services through the Google Cloud Platform (GCP), using some of the world’s most exciting new large-scale data tools, such as BigQuery and BigTable. You will work with these technologies in close collaboration with our clients to create powerful data environments and support vital business improvements.
Skills that come naturally to you…
- Collaborative and proactive
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and critical thinking
- Logical and methodical
- Articulate, persuasive and commercially aware
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Cloud experience; GCP or AWS preferred
- Strong experience as a Data Architect
- Knowledge of modern SQL including advanced queries such as triggers, stored procedures, views, joins and subqueries
- Hands-on experience with RDBMS such as SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL
- The ability to create and interpret solution designs using UML / ERD diagrams
- Experience in optimising performance and monitoring of hybrid on-premise and cloud data warehouse solutions
- Familiar with common enterprise data governance standards and requirements (e.g. ISO27001 data protection, PII, PCI and Role Based access to data)
- The ability to self-manage, self-learn and seek out answers
- Experience in working with agile software engineering teams
It would be great if you have (or are excited to gain)…
- Experience in the Financial Services sector
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) (BigQuery, DataFlow, DataPrep, Cloud Data Fusion, Pub/Sub, Cloud Composer Airflow)
- ETL pattern for data ingestion (e.g. Talend, SSIS, Matillion)
- Reporting and data analytics (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview, Periscope, Looker, DataStudio, SSRS, SSAS)
- Jira and Agile Scrum methodologies
- Common open source languages (Python, Node, Go, Bash)
- Data Engineering or Data Science experience
The Role (80%)
Appsbroker is dynamic and the role is varied so you’ll get involved in a wide range of activities but here are the main customer facing things we’ll need you to do:
- Lead client engagements and be the team lead on client facing delivery projects
- Consult, design, coordinate architecture to modernise infrastructure for performance, scalability, latency, reliability
- Possess in-depth knowledge of and able to consult on various technologies such as database, data warehousing and big data e.g. BigQuery, Oracle, Redshift, Teradata, Hadoop
- Design data storage, movement and orchestration solutions
- Identify, scope and participate in the design and delivery of cloud data platform solutions
- Design and execute a platform modernisation approach for customers’ data environments
- Design, coordinate and execute pilots, prototypes or proof of concepts, provide validation on specific scenarios and provide deployment guidance
- Design Data Architectural solutions for structured data technologies and understand unstructured data technologies
- Create and maintain appropriate standards and best practices around Google Cloud SQL, BigQuery and other data technologies
- Define and communicate complex database concepts to technical and non-technical people
The Role (20%)
- Create visualisations, dashboards and MIS reports
- Document and share technical best practices/insights with engineering colleagues and the architect community
- Mentor and develop architects and engineers within our Data team
- Act as the point of escalation for architects and engineers with client facing problems that need solving
Appsbroker is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
As an applicant please review our privacy statement: https://www.appsbroker.com/privacy-policy